Based in Staffordshire, UK
You're working at the airport and the day seems to be going well, when suddenly you spot something out of the corner of your eye! It that a... drone? Panic ensues – you don't want your airport shut down, so you come up with a cunning plan. You'll get your own drone out, duct-tape a stun gun to the top of it and take out those rogue drones! Using your drone controller, you chase down and destroy the rogue drones throughout the airport. Dodge planes, helicopters, the air traffic control tower and home in on the drones one by one – and destroy them. When you complete that task – you'll make headlines in the local newspaper!
Suggested during a 2018 Christmas party - the game idea stems from the TV and newspaper coverage of the shutdowns at UK airports over the busy festive period. So, why not make a topical game about it? First public showing at EGX Rezzed 2019 – exhibited in the Tentacle Collective as prototype. Mentioned in our talk "Adventures in interactive streaming – a developer’s tale" at Rezzed 05/04/2019
- Defend your airspace: duct tape a stun gun to a drone and zap the invaders
- Handles just like a real drone (ie unpredictably!)
- Customised newspaper headlines when game over
- Mixplay support – streamers can allow their audience to trigger effects in the live game (eg unexpected crosswinds, radio interference)
- Stream interactions rewarded via personalised shoutouts in game
Alpha trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Rogue Drones in the early stages of development, but already looks have a good sense of humor [...] If the concept alone was enough to give us a chuckle, we hope the full release will offer a good laugh when it arrives this year."
- AllGamers, AllGamers.com
- "I like the integration with services such as Twitch and Mixer. It's a fun idea and will hopefully be popular with the personalities that like to involve their viewers as much as possible."
- Olly Writes, ollywrites.co.uk
Rogue Drones on Twitter
Official Twitter account for Rogue Drones twitter.com/roguedrones.
Rogue Drones on Facebook
Official Facebook page for Rogue Drones facebook.com/roguedronesgame.
Breadmower's Mixer channel
Our developer's Mixer channel, where he streams alpha footage of the latest game updates mixer.com/breadmower.
BobDuckNWeave's Mixer channel
BobDuckNWeave designed our logo and UI live on stream - find his Mixer channel here mixer.com/BobDuckNWeave.
We're an indie microstudio in Newcastle-under-Lyme, and we make games (like Interference - the drawing game) and other fun interactive things (like Zeitgeist - the first live hosted interactive quiz on Mixer).
More information on Centrifuge, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rogue Drones Credits
Writing / Social Media
QA / Community Management